gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Templating

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘Templating
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 12:59:46 -0800

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020, 12:46 PM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Bernd!

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 21:37:37 +0100
Bernd Zeimetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 1/4/20 4:37 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>
> > No architecture takes over 10 mins to build all of gpsd.
>
> You are wrong.
>
> recent 3.20-1 upload to debian unstable:
>
> m68k: 1h 22m
> sh4: 1h 40m
> mipsel: 59m
> sparc64: 1h 14m (no idea why, though)

Those are terrible.
Then you have serious problems, not of gpsd's making.

Except for the bit where xgps, and xgpsspeed require GTK 3 installed to build. Which pulls in an annoyingly large portion of X.

And  'asciidoc' pulls in an annoyingly large portion of X iirc.

> and a large part of that is the time to install packages.

I would suggest asciidoctor for one corner of that, but I'm not sure it's compatible enough.

I wonder if the presumed non-reproducability of emulated hardware would improve those times much.

/me removes all doubt.