gpsd-dev

re: this group has no one running the list

From: rutled31
Subject: re: this group has no one running the list
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 09:45:52 -0800

I need to talk to a human!

If you have any trouble with any of these commands, you can always reach the person or people in charge of a list by using the list administrator email address. The list administrators can help you figure out how to do something, subscribe/unsubscribe you, or change your settings if you are unable to change them yourself for some reason. Please remember that many mailing list administrators are volunteers who are donating their spare time to run the list, and they may be very busy people.

This list administrator email address is in the form LISTNAME-owner@DOMAIN, where LISTNAME is the name of the list and DOMAIN is the name of the server.

THE ABOVE IS COPIED FROM  Mailman 2.xx documentation...

LISTNAME-owner@DOMAIN,

According to the dated website this list owner is

address@hidden  and this turns out to be:

Search Results

who now Does not exist or will not respond:

This mailing list is now sending spam messages to me and others.  I can't just block them because they seem to be coming from multiple sources such  as    address@hidden and many others.  In Thunderbird I can't BLOCK THEM ALL out using a spam filter.  And that method is wrong way to solve this issue anyhow because they emails are still being generated and are clogging up bandwidth all the way up to my telus server. I guess I will report the problem of spam being generated to them to see if they can block all your names out from my account. Or maybe they will request that the list be shut down , I don't know how they will do things. I do know they don't like spam being generated. It is a waste.  And mailing lists with noone at the controls of them are EVIL.....

James Rutledge,

Vice President,

Tudor Court Apartments Ltd.