gpsd-dev

Re: master fails to build/check

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: master fails to build/check
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 14:39:05 -0800

Yo Ladislav!

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 21:49:55 +0100
Ladislav Michl <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Nice.  I think the major scons changes for this cycle are all done.
> >  I hope some of the cross-compile people also do some tests.
>
> Care to check more scons questions asked few months ago?
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2019-11/msg00004.html

Yeah, I remember those.  Those were alst cycle, I'm talking about this
cycle.

Way too many patches mushed together that made no sense to me.

I don't cross-compile, but others that do have not the problems you
bring up, so I suspect some misunderstandings.

The sysroot patch makes no sense.  As used by scons, sysroot is a
on the command line, yet you pull it from a non standard environment
variable.  Can't do both.  Does not compute.

The other patch removes an important build flag:

-    if config.env['python'] and config.env['target_python']:

That is how SConstruct flags not to do any python thing.

Patches are great, but they can't just solve your problem and break
things for others.

If you want, let's discuss what the confusion is for the sysroot variable
first.  My quick take is you just did not notice it belongs on the
command line as an option.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588