gpsd-dev

Re: gpsd issue #53 forwarding: UBX8 batched mode operation (super-e Mode

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd issue #53 forwarding: UBX8 batched mode operation (super-e Mode) support
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 14:54:19 -0800

Yo Greg!

On Sat, 01 Feb 2020 12:03:49 -0500
Greg Troxel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Watching commit logs, it looks like Gary has made several improvements
> to the batch processing code.

And James.

> I am unclear on whether it's good there is an insistence on receiving
> periodic frames normally.

I modified the one place that gpsd disconnects a client on no data.
Fingers crossed.  Not something I would do late in a release cycle.

> But it seems easy enough to have some kind
> of control mechanism where gpsd can know that it's in an unusual
> situation.

I'm working toward the BATCH messages go into a new class:"LOG" JSON.
That way existing clients will not be confused by the log data.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588