gpsd-dev

ubxtool

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: ubxtool
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 12:37:25 -0700

Yo address@hidden!

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 15:17:43 -0400
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry about that I did stop reading at the beginning.

I am often tempted to only reply to one question per email...

> There is only one USB connection, so I am puzzled.

Why?

> I will use your recommended command.
>
> Gpsd is version : 3.20 (revision 3.20)

There are fixes in git head already for the F9P, ore coming today.

> The run command is:
> gpsd -n /dev/ttyACM0 ntrip://rhowittRpi:Walfer2019
> @rtn.dot.ny.gov:8082/NYPF -N

That is TWO sources, and you forgot the "-n".

With your config, the gpspipe will contain both the u-blox binary and
the NTRIP from CORS.  That is OK for my purposes.

> The F9P never gets an RTK fix, but the CORS ntrip server is connected
> and a packet is being sent every second.

Because, ass I said before, CORS sends old RTCM 3 and the F9P needs
new RTCM 3.

> Attached is gpspipe output which was collected with this command
> string: gpspipe -R -n 300 localhost:2947 -o /api/gpsd_ntrip.dat

Got it.

> gpsd:SPIN: packet_get() fd 6 -> 854 (0)
> gpsd:PROG: RTCM3: unknown type 1075, length 324
> gpsd:DATA: packet type 18 from ntrip://rhowittRpi:Walfer2019 with
> {ONLINE|RTCM3|PACKET}
> gpsd:IO: SER: => GPS:

Your debug looks good, except missing the startup, the most important
part.  But do not worry on that now.  Trimming data before sending to
the list is bad.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588