gpsd-dev

Re: gpsmon segmentation fault

From: SZIGETVÁRI János
Subject: Re: gpsmon segmentation fault
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 17:28:00 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Fertser <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr. 9., Cs, 13:48):
That's odd. If you're sure there's no chance of you having several
different ncurses version installed (and hence some ABI mismatch) then

I would rule out that possibility as I performed a reformat and reinstall a few days back, and I'm absolutely positive that I did not install anything ncurses-related, after the OS install was complete. So anything ncurses-related that is currently installed came with the OS.

I'd try running it under GDB and setting a _watchpoint_ on statwin
variable. That way you'll get a chance to inspect the state each time
it is changed.

I ran this command:
# gdb /usr/bin/gpsmon --ex 'set logging file gpsmon.gdb.log' --ex 'set pagination off' --ex 'set logging on' --ex 'awatch statwin' --ex 'awatch statwin'

Its output is attached, although the commands I issued are not visible. I just ran the binary and continued a number of times and printed the stacktraces, and continued on to the last access to statwin before the crash, printed a backtrace and the neigboring code, and then I stepped line to line until the crash. I printed the backtrace and the neigboring code right before the crash. From then on, I believe it stepped over to the ncurses code, which I couldn't debug more deeply.

Best Regards,
János
--
Janos SZIGETVARI
RHCE, License no. 150-053-692

LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/janosszigetvari

__@__˚V˚
Make the switch to open (source) applications, protocols, formats now:
- windows -> Linux, iexplore -> Firefox, msoffice -> LibreOffice
- msn -> jabber protocol (Pidgin, Google Talk)
- mp3 -> ogg, wmv -> ogg, jpg -> png, doc/xls/ppt -> odt/ods/odp