gpsd-dev

RINEX files not accepted by NRCan

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: RINEX files not accepted by NRCan
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 10:28:12 -0400

After enabling RAWX via uCenter (see previous message), I used gpsrinex
to record 4 hour and then 8 hour files from both NEO-M8P and ZED-F9P and
sent them to NRCan's PPP service.

All uploads got this response:

Error : CSRS-PPP online was unable to process your submitted RINEX file.
Most likely causes are bad data, bad satellite identification, or time
tag problems.

This is for both M8P and F9P, so cannot be (solely) attributed to the
new hardware.

I am starting to compare the gpsrinex output files against those
generated by other programs but haven't gotten too far yet.

FWIW, last year I wrote a Python3 program to read binary data from an
Ashtech Z12 or uZ and create RINEX files that NRCan and OPUS were happy
with.  The RINEX functions are fairly modularized and I am happy to
share them if they might be of use.  IIRC, I created version 2 RINEX
rather than version 3.  One thing version 2 makes easier is that you can
test the files using teqc, which doesn't support v3.

I'm attaching both .obs files, if Mailman will let them through.

Thanks,
John