gpsd-dev

Re: RINEX files not accepted by NRCan

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: RINEX files not accepted by NRCan
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:01:41 -0700

Yo John!

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 10:28:12 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> After enabling RAWX via uCenter (see previous message), I used
> gpsrinex to record 4 hour and then 8 hour files from both NEO-M8P and
> ZED-F9P and sent them to NRCan's PPP service.

You will get better luck with ubxtool.

> Error : CSRS-PPP online was unable to process your submitted RINEX
> file. Most likely causes are bad data, bad satellite identification,
> or time tag problems.

There are already active open threads on this.  Check the archives.

TL:DR:  Something weird with the 9-series.  Possibly due to raw
meassurements not taken on the top of the second.

> FWIW, last year I wrote a Python3 program to read binary data from an
> Ashtech Z12 or uZ and create RINEX files that NRCan and OPUS were
> happy with.

Someone still uses the long abandoned Ashtech?  Kill it.

> One thing version 2 makes easier is
> that you can test the files using teqc, which doesn't support v3.

There are many good RINEX 3 programs.  No point to RINEX 2 as it does
not support newer constellations.

> I'm attaching both .obs files, if Mailman will let them through.

Same problem as other have, the 9-series is using a weird epoch:

> 2020 04 28 01 40 30.0089999  0 11

Note the 30.0089999?  It should be 30.0000.  That is direct from the
u-blox.  No way to fix it.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588