gpsd-dev

Re: BUG: ubxtool enable/disable RAWX fails

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: BUG: ubxtool enable/disable RAWX fails
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:12:30 -0400

Gary, you're not reading carefully enough.  Both the ubxtool -P issue,
and the bad RINEX files, occur when I am using a *NEO-M8P* as well as a
ZED-F9P.  So the problem is with the 8 series as well, or at least maybe
more recent 8 series (though this unit is about 9 months old) if they
updated the protocol from earlier versions.

To be sure, I just unplugged the F9P entirely.  I used uCenter to reset
the *NEO-M8P* to factory default, then plugged it back in to the Linux box.

I then followed the instructions in the gpsrinex page.  It appears that
some messages, such as turning off NMEA and maybe disabling the non-GPS
constellations, worked.

But issuing ubxtool -e RAWX did not cause RAWX messages to be emitted.

Doing ubxtool -p MON-VER reports the version to be 20.30.  When I did:

ubxtool -P 20.30 -e RAWX

I started getting RAWX output.

THIS IS ON A SERIES 8 RECEIVER.

Running
ubxtool -p CONFIG -v 2 -P xx
ubxtool -p STATUS -v 2 -P xx

failed with a floating point conversion error.  Plugging in "20.30" for
xx, I got the results shown in the two attached log files.

Thanks!
John
----