gpsd-dev

Re: BUG: ubxtool enable/disable RAWX fails

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: BUG: ubxtool enable/disable RAWX fails
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:46:23 -0700

Yo John!

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 19:24:44 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> > All good RINEX files we have tested have rcvTow very close to the
> > top of the second.  This have been much discussed recently here.
>
> As mentioned, I've been in touch with one of the NRCan people and I
> raised the question about timetags with him.  Here's his reply:*
>
> "
> I'm not sure if this is really an issue. Many receivers output
> non-integer time tags. This is taken into consideration when computing
> the signal's time of transmission. As long as the measurements are
> consistent with the time tag, everything usually works fine.
> "

Typical of the answers the NRCan give.  They are not sure, even when
they have the PPP source code in front of them and a solid example
that fails.

It would be nice if they found the problem.

> * I'm not posting his name or contact info because it's been a private
> email exchange and I know some of these folks get inundated with help
> requests and try to keep a low profile.

Yes, they are very good at being unhelpful.  I suspect not because they
do not understand their code.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588