gpsd-dev

gpsrinex test

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: gpsrinex test
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 15:15:20 -0400

I did 24 hour data runs of ZED-M8P and ZED-F9P capturing raw data with
gpspipe.  Then I fed that data into both gpsrinex and the rtklib convbin
tool and sent both off to NRCan for processing.  See the attached summary.

Good news -- the results are very similar, though not identical.  The
errors are in the 1 mm range so nothing to complain about.

I believe the differences may result mainly from gpsrinex generating
fewer epochs from the same data than convbin.  Starting with the same
nominally 24 hour raw .ubx file, gpsrinex generated 30 second epochs
covering  23:57:29.990 while convbin generated 30 second epochs covering
23:59:29.990, so 4 epochs more.

See another message for info about the high number of rejected epochs in
both result sets.

John