gpsd-dev

Re: ZED-F9P and PPP processing

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ZED-F9P and PPP processing
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 09:38:56 -0400

Svenn Are Bjerkem <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 5 May 2020 at 21:28, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> Except others have rerported NRCan only uses GLONASS for 8h+ files.
>> Unconfirmed and of course undocumented.
>>

> If that statement came from me, then it is wrong. I was not patient enough.
> NRCan sends two reports : one with GPS only pretty quick, and one with GPS
> and Glonass an hour or more later.

I have been doing PPP with NRCAN, L1 only but gps/glonass (M8T), and I
am pretty sure it is using GLONASS with no particular session length
rules.

However I have seen, as Svenn alludes to, times when GPS orbits (ultra
rapid) are available, but GLONASS orbits are not available yet.

However, I have not experienced a second processing run being sent to
me.  Instead, I simply wait a few days until at least rapid orbits are
available, and re-submit.