gpsd-dev

Re: ubxtool port?

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: ubxtool port?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 11:33:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 6 May 2020, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:

I am getting my ZED-F9T set up to do the comparison between GPS only and
GPS+GLONASS for NRCan processing.

The only eval board available for the F9T is the one from uBlox, and it
sucks.  The only connectivity on the board is a single 10-pin header
with UART TXD and RXD.  (And, just for fun, the antenna connector is an
SMB!).

I have a UART to USB converter wired up and can talk to the unit.

My question is, will ubxtool tell the F9T to enable messages, etc., on
the UART port, or does it only configure the USB interface (which of
course isn't accessible on this board)?

You can configure any port - see the -i option. Be sure ubxtool is connecting *directly* to the receiver, rather than through GPSD, as driver_ubx has a bunch of confused crap relating to the port ID. You may or may not need to save the settings in the receiver and tell GPSD to leave them alone with -b.

Fred Wright