gpsd-dev

Re: ubxtool port?

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: ubxtool port?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 15:22:33 -0400

Those are all F9P boards, and I have the very nice one from SparkFun.
It's the F9T that is the problem.  When I was looking a couple of months
ago, the uBlox one is all I was able to find.

I've ended up spinning my own carrier board that will support all the
I/O on either the F9P or F9T and includes USB-to-UART and RS232-to-UART
converters that the user can wire to the chip any way they want.  Just
waiting for Seeed Fusion to ship them here, then we'll pop them in my
friend's toaster reflow oven.

What I was trying to do specifically was simply turn on the GLONASS
constellation in the F9T so I could do a GPS-only (on the F9P) versus
GPS+GLONASS (on the F9T) comparison.  At the moment I only have one unit
of each, so have to use the different types to do a simultaneous
comparison -- though when I get the boards done that will change.

I was hoping the -e GLONASS command would take care of that, but
apparently not.

Thanks,
John
----