gpsd-dev

Re: ubxtool set GLONASS L1/L2

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: ubxtool set GLONASS L1/L2
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 19:43:34 -0400

Just pulled the latest head and am building now (my testbed for this
stuff is a little old Atom 520 board, so not the fastest horse in the barn).

Sad news... ubxtool happily took the "GLONASS,2" command now, but it
appears not to have made any difference.

Using the F9P and setting -P 27.10 I did:

-p RESET
-p SAVE
-d BEIDOU
-d GALILEO
-d SBAS
-d NMEA

and after that CFG-GNSS showed as expected -- GPS and GLONASS (L1 and
L2) on, others off.

Then sent -d GLONASS and GLONASS indeed turned off.

Then sent -e GLONASS,2:
        * the ubxtool "sent" message said GLONASS L1 enable
        * the following -p CFG-GNSS showed GLONASS still disabled
          (both L1 and L2).

The same set of commands on the F9T setting -P 29.00 ended up with
GLONASS L1 enabled, but not L2.  So it worked, sort of.

So there's not only a bug, it's a bug that acts differently on the two
slightly different devices -- on the F9P/27.10 it doesn't work at all,
on the F9T/29.00 it works but only enables L1.

What concerns me a bit is that in both cases the message following the
-e GLONASS,2 command seems to tell it to enable only L1:

sent:
UBX-CFG-GNSS:
 msgVer 0  numTrkChHw 0 numTrkChUse 255 numConfigBlocks 1
  gnssId 6 TrkCh  8 maxTrCh 14 reserved 0 Flags x00010001
   GLONASS L1 enabled

Thanks,

John