gpsd-dev

Re: ✘u-blox 9 get Configuration Items by Group

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘u-blox 9 get Configuration Items by Group
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 14:14:31 -0700

Yo John!

On Wed, 13 May 2020 16:57:04 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gary, this is going to be really useful.  Thanks!

Yes, already helping me find some more bugs.

> 1.  On the ZED-F9P there are two subcategories dealing with timing
> mode: UBX-CFG-TMODE3
>       UBX-CFG-TP5
> I don't know if those are covered under the more generic TMODE and TP
> headings.  If not, it would be useful to have them.

I implemented all the groups from the "u-blox ZED-F9P Interface Description".
Later I'll check againt other 9-series doc.

A ton of constants.  I'm not familiar with a lot of it yet.

I think you want to look at:
        ubxtool -g CFG-TMODE
        ubxtool -g CFG-TP

>  (I am not sure I
> understand the relationship between e.g., TMODE and TMODE3 or TMODE5
> or whatever...)

Those are the old style config messages.

A new one happens, sometimes, when u-blox addeds features.

UBX-CFG-TMODE   protver 5, 6
UBX-CFG-TMODE2   protver 6, 7, 8 and 9

Or, sometimes they add a version number, or a type number, or both...

> 2.  The "-e BINARY" seems to turn on several messages.

Yes, the single name -e are bulk commands.

>  Is it possible
> to turn off all binary messages, and then just turn on specifically
> identified ones?

Of course.  Turn off all binary:
        ubxtool -d BINARY

Then enable the ones you want.  That, of course, quickly gets very
complicated...  Expect to spend a few days in the manual to dig that
stuff out.

Even pigs can fly with suffcient thrust.

> There are times when I'd like to see nothing on the
> wire but the one message I'm looking for.

ubxtool could use a lot more output filtering options.  Since I prefer
my matrix raw, I'll leave that for someone else to send a patch.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588