gpsd-dev

Re: Re: ✘ Add NEO-M9N NMEA logfile.

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: Re: ✘ Add NEO-M9N NMEA logfile.
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 18:23:38 -0700

fw@fwright.net said:
> I've certainly never seen a case of a receiver getting literally  "bricked"
> (i.e. in a state where even a power cycle wouldn't recover).

I've seen Garmin GPS-18 get semi-bricked.  I don't remember which flavor.

Power cycling and anything else I could think of didn't help.  Waiting a month
or two (or 6?, or ??) and it worked again.  I assume there is a super cap or
similar that eventually ran out of juice so it forgot the bad stuff.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.