gpsd-dev

Re: gpsprof: higher resolution

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsprof: higher resolution
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:26:26 -0700

Yo John!

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 17:13:16 -0400
John Ackermann N8UR <jra@febo.com> wrote:

> > Testing zero baseline RTK seems to me not useful in the real world.
> >

> Yeah, I've pretty much come to that conclusion.  I moved the F9P to
> another antenna (cheap Chinese L1/L2/L5 mounted about 4 feet away
> from the other one but seem (so far) only able to get an RTK float
> solution. As you say, it may just be a bad GPS day.

RTK float/fixed is something the user usually sets, not the receiver.

See: UBX-CFG-DGNSS

> I discovered that the Ohio DOT reference station network is available
> for public use, but requires a login.  I've requested one and that
> should make for a nice testbed as they have a ref station about 4 km
> from me.

I use the Oregon ORGN network.  A ile a way and the accuracy is hardly
better than without it.

> BTW, any ideas on where to tweak gpsprof to work better with mm
> scaling?

gpsprof uses what every gpsd gives it.  Everything is computed to at
least double precision.  A quick check shows most, if not all, output is
%.9f on output, for examle line 577:

        if self.centroid[1] < 0.0:
            lonstring = "%.9fW" % -self.centroid[1]
        elif stat_lon.mean > 0.0:
            lonstring = "%.9fE" % self.centroid[1]

The data to gnuplot is all %.9f already, for example, line 386:

            res += "%.9f\t%.9f\t%.9f\t%.9f\t%.9f\n" \

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588