gpsd-dev

Re: LDFLAGS going missing?

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: LDFLAGS going missing?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 08:31:54 -0700

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 8:00 AM Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> James Browning <jamesb.fe80@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > I was wrong earlier. After looking at it on a screen larger than my
> > palm I think I understand the issue. To verify please attach the full
> > build log and the external glue file you are slopping on.
>
> That's too much with pkgsrc, since there are compiler wrappers that
> restrict visibility of things not declared as dependencies.
>
> I'll try to reproduce outside of pkgsrc.

See the attached log file for inspiration.

> > Long version not so short is that I think the SConstruct is blanking a
> > whole slew of flags on subsequent calls.
>
> Can you explain where and how that happens in SConstruct, or even better
> fix it so it doesn't do that?

the not so short version is that around lines 594-616 the _current_
environment variables are shimmed into the build context and nothing
is saved for the future or restored from the past. I have no idea how
to fix it. to work around it one might set the LDFLAGS etc on every
call to scons.