gpsd-dev

Re: LDFLAGS going missing?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: LDFLAGS going missing?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 20:54:11 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

>> Basically, packaging systems have the concept of build environment vs
>> install environment, and don't expect build steps to happen at install
>> time.   This is different from people actually changing their
>> environment.
>
> A change that is not a change?  Sounds like a Zen riddle.

I meant there is no setting of the environment in the parent shell.  It
is passing env vars to a child process

> Feel free to patch SConstruct if you can see how to save LDFLAGAS.

It was much easier to pass the build environment to the install stage.
I really don't know much about SConstruct internals, and hope that it
falls out of use before I have to figure it out.