gpsd-dev

Re: Timing via serial port

From: Kai Harrekilde-Petersen
Subject: Re: Timing via serial port
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:19:34 +0200

I've measured the delay between the 1PPS signal and the TX uart output on the NEO-M9N board with a logic analyzer. I would need to find the or re-measure the data for you tonight.

Front edge of the UART frame is the most precise. Rear edge depends too much on the length of the message.

As I recall, the latency from the PPS to the front edge increases(!) with increasing update rate. I did not check for the variation between the 1PPS and the start of the UART message.

Regards,

Kai