gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Major build change pushed

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘Major build change pushed
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 15:28:29 -0800

Yo Hal!

I should copy that file for gpsd.  I keep forgetting the .pth option.

That file neglects to mention that Python looks in the pwd first.

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 13:32:39 -0800
Hal Murray <hmurray@megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> curtolson@flightgear.org said:
> > Can you give any guidance on how to properly run the python
> > "client" scripts within this new architecture?
>
> Gary thinks PYTHONPATH is the solution to all the worlds problems.
>
> ntpsec has a good writeup:
>   https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/blob/master/README-PYTHON
>
> I use the 3rd option.  (and ignore PYTHONPATH)
>
> Looks like we need to update it for Python 3

If it used "python" instead of "python2" then no change would be
needed.  At least for distros that follow the PEP.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588