gpsd-dev

Re: What happened to scons testclean?

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: What happened to scons testclean?
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 18:53:35 -0800

gem@rellim.com said:
> No need for it anymore.  ...

Leftover from when scons check was a bit flaky, I had scripts to run scons
check several times, capturing the printout in different log files.  When
things work correctly, the first log file is different because it had to build
the code that does the check-ing.  Running scons testclean made it so the
second run had to rebuild the code too and the log file would be identical.

Do you have suggestions for how to restore that functionality?  I can make a
list of what gets built and delete it myself.  Ugly, but probably effective.

Is there a way to build the code without running it?  That would let me run a
pass 0 to build the code, then go into my loop doing the checking.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.