gpsd-dev

Re: how to forward RTCM data to gpsd?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: how to forward RTCM data to gpsd?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 15:35:30 -0500

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

>> > Not all 6?
>>
>> Which do you mean beyond GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou?
>
> As defined by BNEA 4,11, from gps.h
>
>      *  1 = GPS       1-32
>      *  1 = SBAS      33-64, 152-158
>      *  1 = QZSS      193-197  Undocumetned u-blox goes to 199
>      *  2 = GLONASS   1-32, nul
>      *  3 = Galileo   1-36
>      *  4 - BeiDou    1-37
>      *  x = IMES                Not defined by NMEA
>      *  6 = NavIC (IRNSS)               NMEA 4.11+
>
> So NavIC, and QZSS.
>
>> If you mean IRNSS and QZSS, those are regional, not global, and I do
>> not hear of anyone receiving them in CONUS
>
> I get QZSS in Oregon.  gpsd has usrs that get NavIC.

Interesting that you hear QZSS.  And of course people near India will
get NavIC.

There are no people in Massachusetts that can get either; the reference
network doesn't hear them and doesn't send it.  That's all I meant: my
local reference network does the 4 global systems.

>>  I was talking about
>> uncorrected pseudoranges from a bunch of satellites vs those same
>> satellites
>
> Never heard of that.  Got a reference?

I mean "position solution with SBAS disabled" vs "position solution
using SBAS corrections".  Nothing fancier intended.

>> and also using corrections that arrived via SBAS.
>
> Which are just RTCM2.

Sure: pseudorange errors and pseudorange error rates (and t_0).  Like
all "differential", as opposed to carrier phase approaches.

> My tests on u-blox 9 show otherwise.  Feel free to send us your test
> results.

Presuambly you updated firmware to to get SBAS; the older firmeware
doesn't do that.

That's dual frequency, another wrinkle, so the uncorrected solutions are
much improved.  Agreed this is all non-obvious.