gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Time for 3.22?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘Time for 3.22?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 10:46:24 -0800

Yo Fred!

On Tue, 15 Dec 2020 21:16:24 -0800 (PST)
Fred Wright <fw@fwright.net> wrote:

> > I've only managed to do basic build/check testing so far, though
> > across all the platforms I normally test.  The one problem so far is
> > that some platforms don't have a sufficiently recent SCons to
> > include the CheckProg() function.

Looks like CheckProg has been in gpsd for a while.  Here are many of
them:

SConscript:    have_tar = config.CheckProg(env['TAR'])
SConscript:        have_coverage = config.CheckProg('coverage')
SConscript:        have_cppcheck = config.CheckProg('cppcheck')
SConscript:        have_dia = config.CheckProg('dia')
SConscript:        have_flake8 = config.CheckProg('flake8')
SConscript:        have_pycodestyle = config.CheckProg('pycodestyle')
SConscript:        have_pylint = config.CheckProg('pylint')
SConscript:        have_scan_build = config.CheckProg('scan-build')
SConscript:        have_valgrind = config.CheckProg('valgrind')
SConscript:        have_xmllint = config.CheckProg('xmllint')

The way CheckProg has been used so far is to fail nicely when CheckProg
is missing.  I just added that to the TAR check.  Pushed to git head.
The effect is that you will not be able to make a release if you do not
have CheckProg.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588