gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Doc files: .adoc, .html, .xml

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘Doc files: .adoc, .html, .xml
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 17:05:53 -0800

Yo Greg!

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 19:08:21 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> I mentioned haskell because often people think it's ok to use pandoc.
> Perhaps nobody in gpsd-land.   But I run into people who think it's ok
> and have no understanding of the issues it causes.

Pandoc is interesting:
        https://pandoc.org/

It is available in Gentoo unstable, but not Gentoo stable.  And only
depends on 129 unstable Haskell packages.  Ouch.

It can convert between most doc formats.  So maybe I can use it to
convert the existing .xml manpage to asciidoc.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588