gpsd-dev

Re: ✘"Sudo? Sudon't!" and "Saving U-blox Configuration"

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘"Sudo? Sudon't!" and "Saving U-blox Configuration"
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 12:36:07 -0800

Yo Michael!

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 20:27:34 +0000
"Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. MIET" <mike.tubby@thorcom.co.uk> wrote:

> > If you dispute that you dispute me.  I have suffered with sudo for
> > decades.
>
> Nothing wrong with sudo ... its just another form of 'su', when used
> like this:
>
>      sudo bash

No one has suggested doing that.  People doing that has not been a problem
for ubxtool examples.   It is not relevant to the text under discussion:

    https://gpsd.io/ubxtool-examples.html#_sudo_sudont

No need to confuse people more.

I'll pass on discussing that as off topic.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588