gpsd-dev

Re: ✘"Sudo? Sudon't!" and "Saving U-blox Configuration"

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘"Sudo? Sudon't!" and "Saving U-blox Configuration"
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 14:06:05 -0800

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021, at 12:34 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
root should only be used when root is needed.  Keep the attack surface
as small as possible.

If only there were a tool I could use to invoke root power for a single
command without summoning legions of hate monsters. Oh drat, sudo would
not work for that.

Crud, I was staying out of this cesspool deliberately. You could pry
sudo from my cold dead hands. (but only to keep it from the innocent.)
I've heard the sermon(s) as well.