gpsd-dev

Re: ✘"Sudo? Sudon't!" and "Saving U-blox Configuration"

From: Kai Harrekilde-Petersen
Subject: Re: ✘"Sudo? Sudon't!" and "Saving U-blox Configuration"
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:34:29 +0100

Dear Gary,

Sometimes you can be impressively patient when helping first-time users or discussing technical details with other developers, but at other times, you come across as a whiny, opinionated 5-year old with temper tantrums. This is one of those times.

I have to ask: what do you think that you are actually achieving by arguing in this way?

I am pretty sure that you don't convince other people (be they users or developers) to change their minds by behaving in the way you do. In fact, you are definitely turning me away, and I wouldn't be surprised that you are turning other people away as well. If you are caustic enough, you might find yourself at a point where nobody wants to work with you, no matter how talented you are. Even Linus Torvalds stopped and tried to change his way of working with other people (I have no idea how much he actually changed).

Personally I am dead tired of your tirades, and if it continues like this, I will be leaving the list shortly. But don't worry, I am no loss to the gpsd project. Others leaving might be, though.

Best regards,

Kai