gpsd-dev

✘asciidoc vs asciidoctor, issue #118

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: ✘asciidoc vs asciidoctor, issue #118
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 12:35:16 -0800

Yo All!

Issue #118, from Sanjeev Gupts, points out the asciidoc man page
generation is broken.  I added it, but did not test well enough:

https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd/-/issues/118

I can fix it without too much trouble, but I noticed that to do so
requires asccidoc (but not asciidoctor) to pull in all the flakey
XSL stuff that I though asciidoc syntax was supposed to avoid.

I think I was the last one that cared to keep asccidoc, since
asciidoctor works fine.  Anyone care if the requirement becomes
asciidoctor only?

BTWE, all the man pages have been converted from .xml to .adoc.  I find
the .adoc files much easier to edit.  I'll contunue work to convert
the remaining .xml files.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588