gpsd-dev

ntrip messages in gpsd

From: Rafa Chao
Subject: ntrip messages in gpsd
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 20:06:45 +0100

Dear all,

I´ve been in touch with “gemiller”, a user of the #gpsd chat.

We are based in Spain, and we are manufacturing autonomous robots.
We decided to use gpsd to manage our RTK gps, thinking that gaps managed ntrip messages.

Gemllier told me that ntrip is a very complex thing, and that gpsd didn’t manage it.
Gemiller said that with the necessary documentation of the Spanish ntrip base station association, gpsd could try to implement it in the source code.

I contacted the Spanish ntrip association (https://www.ign.es/web/ign/portal) and they provide me with the next info:

Mountpoints:
CERCANA3
VRS3
MAC3
FKP3
FKP2
VRSC

Type of RTCM:
RTCM3

Messages covered1004, 1006, 1008, 1012, 1019, 1020, 1030, 1031, 1032, 1033

Message structure: The message structure complies with what it indicated in

I attach as well a 5 minute stream of the VRS3 mountpoint for testing

We can be in contact if you can do this !!!!!!

Thanks a lot to gemiller, and to the whole gpsd team !!!!!

Rafael Chao