gpsd-dev

Re: ✘asciidoc vs asciidoctor, issue #118

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘asciidoc vs asciidoctor, issue #118
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 18:15:27 -0500

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

> I'll implement today:
>
> manpages=no|false
>   Do not build man pages.
>
> manpages=auto (default)
>     build man pages if possible.  equivalent to current default, so no one
>     complain about changing the defailt.
>
> manpages=yes
>      was build manpages if possible.
>      will be fail if man pages can not be built.
>
> That make packagers job easier.  They ask for man pages and no man pages
> becomes a failure.

I just tested, and indeed with manbuild=yes and no asciidoctor, the
build failed.

My assciidoctor ends up as asciidoctor26.  (Insert long sad story about
how existing programs don't always work with new language versions, and
hence there is a requirement for multiple at once.)  I added two lines
to, in the case asciidoctor was not found, to look for assciidoctor26,
and the build went fine and is cranking away on regression tests.

So this feels like victory all around -- thanks for implementing this.