gpsd-dev

Re: ✘example

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: ✘example
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 07:58:27 -0500

I will read the example and actually try it, but a meta comment:

  how about put the example in the sources as a C file, and install it
  $prefix/share/examples/gpsd/use-libgps.c?   (or to the value of
  --exampledir if that's a thing, so packaging systems can put it where
  they want it).

  then, say in the man page to look at use-libgps.c that is in the
  source at examples/use-libgps.c and installed in the examples
  directory

As for a larger paper, I think there's a difference between a reasonable
example of using the lib, and a tutorial on how to write programs.
Peasonally, I'd have an example, and explain enough in comments.  If
there are multiple reasonable styles of using the lib, perhaps an
example each.