gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsinfo

From: James Browning
Subject: Re: ✘gpsinfo
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 16:09:20 -0700

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021, at 3:58 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:
Yo James!

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 15:40:12 -0700
James Browning <jamesb.fe80@gmail.com> wrote:

> > And do what with "lsof"?
> >

> it might provide a workaround to BSDs and macOS not having an option
> to dump the program working a socket via netstat like so.
>
> # sudo lsof|sed -n "1p;/2947/p;/gpsd/p"

Why the sed?  Did you mean grep?  Way too much info, all mashed together.
Any way to tell lsof to output less?

I meant sed. It prints out the table header, lines containing 2947, and lines containing gpsd. Lines with both get printed twice.

There seems to be a way to tell it to be quieter, but I do not use lsof ever, so your reading of the docs is probably better than mine at this point.

> aside from reconfiguration not sticking this one is fine.

Reconfiguration?

macOS appears to have firm ideas on what a GPS puck should output and reverts any deviation from that.