gpsd-dev

Re: ✘gpsinfo

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: ✘gpsinfo
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 19:30:02 -0400

On Mar 15, 2021, at 7:17 PM, Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

launchd inspired sysstemd, but them systemd(umber) got cancer.

OTOH, my recent osX upgrade bricked my mac mini...

RGDS
GARY
gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

<gpsdebuginfo>

I’m not sure I buy that launchd inspired systemd.  Launchd does not try to usurp any other system functions, unlike systemd.

If you Mac was upgraded to Big Sur and did not have enough free disk space, the initial installer was poorly written, and tried to do the update anyway.  No excuses for this, but this is a known bug that has been resolved.  You can always boot the Mac mini from the internet with the right hotkeys & install the OS.  Mac startup key combinations

Or did you really mean “bricked”?  I doubt an OS update did that…

Thanks,
Frank