gpsd-dev

Re: Building gpsd on mips big endian

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: Building gpsd on mips big endian
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:37:00 -0700

> I am seeing people run aarch64 in eb mode.

Does that take special hardware?   Is it a jumper on the chip or a mode bit
the software can set/reset?

What's available in the way of hardware and/or OS/distro that supports BIG
endian mode?

I'd like to have a big endian system or three just to verify that things like
gpsd and ntpsec work correctly.

I have a couple of Mac Minis.  On 2 of them, the firmware lies about the clock
frequency.  I can get Open Firmware to patch it by hand, but can't save the
patch and apply it automatically on boot.  And I haven't built kernels so I
can't yet do the equivalent patch there.  Maybe one of these days...

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.