gpsd-dev

Re: gpxlogger (x: ✘3.23 is near. Please test!)

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: gpxlogger (x: ✘3.23 is near. Please test!)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2021 19:01:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021, Gary E. Miller wrote:
On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 16:13:34 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <fw@fwright.net> wrote:

It should fall out the mainloop() on timeout from the daemon.  Did you
test that case?

It hung for over half an hour, with a ^C about 10 minutes in.

How did you do this test?

Just launched gpxlogger with no gpsd running, though I belive running against a gpsd with no receiver connected would behave similarly (and I'd seen that once when a receiver problem resulted in no fixes). Waited 10 minutes to see if it would time out and it didn't. Typed ^C which had no effect as expected. Waited another 20 minutes or so before doing a "killall -9 gpxlogger" from another window.

Fred Wright