gpsd-dev

Re: spurious install of ${prefix}/include/gps.h

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: spurious install of ${prefix}/include/gps.h
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 10:58:38 -0400

"Gary E. Miller" <gem@rellim.com> writes:

> Yo Greg!
>
> Why is CPPFLAGS being used?  The scons variable is "includedir=".
>
> Use that instead.

I just did some experiments about this.

includedir specifies where gpsd's include files are installed, just like
the corresponding facility in autoconf.  Use of
includedir=/usr/foo/include does not lead to -I/usr/foo/include being
added to the compilation lines.

Use of CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/foo/include does lead -I/usr/foo/include being
added to compile lines, which is correct and expected, and the way build
systems generally work.

I began to set up for bisecting, and did confirm that release-22 is ok,
so I should be able to get a result in a few hours.