gpsd-dev

Re: ✘3.23~rc2 Please test

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘3.23~rc2 Please test
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 11:42:23 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 11:34:23 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <fw@fwright.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 2021, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>
> > gpxlogger never worked for all cases, so I'll not hold up the
> > release for a bad corner case.
>
> As I posted last night, it's now failing in some cases that used to
> work. Not fixing old bugs in the current release is justifiable, but
> introducing new ones is bad.

But the failing cases are not normal cases.

I have been trying to duplicate your failure.  Can you explain more
how to duplicate it?  You said "no data" but I do not understand that.

> If you think this is fun, try making signal interactions with the
> main program work reliably in Python. :-)

Never heard of any problems there.  Only when you use gps_mainloop()
which only gpxlogger uses.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588