gpsd-dev

Re: scons clean, regress driver

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: scons clean, regress driver
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 14:39:49 -0700

> BTW, the command is "scons -c", not "scons clean".

Ahh.  Thanks.

It prints a bunch of warnings after the error message so it's easy (at least
for me) to skim over the actual error message.

scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: *** Do not know how to make File target `clean'
(/home/murray/gpsd/raw/clean).  Stop.
WARNING: gpsplot is missing required runtime module matplotlib
WARNING: xgps and xgpsspeed are missing runtime dependencies
Ensure your PYTHONPATH includes /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/
WARNING: AsciiDoctor not found.
WARNING: Some documentation and html will not be built.

---------

> When in doubt: git clean

I have several scripts that I don't want deleted.

Yes, if I'm suspicious and poke around by hand I can figure it out.  I'd like
to put it in a script;

> That is the release version.

How do I get that from a script?

--------

You didn't comment on regress driver, so I'll try again.

I have a hack script that runs a batch of the network tests several times.
That's leftover from years ago when there were troubles getting the WRITE_PAD
timer right.  It calls regress-driver which is now broken:

python: can't open file '/home/murray/gpsd/raw/gpsfake': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory
 Output missing for test/daemon/udp-test.log

Does regress driver-return an error code?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.