gpsd-dev

Re: scons clean, regress driver

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: scons clean, regress driver
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:07:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2021, Hal Murray wrote:
It [my script] calls regress-driver which is
now broken:
Works for me.  It just moved to the variantdir (gpsd-3.23~rc2, a.k.a.
buildtmp).  That happened when all the built files moved to the variantdir.

I figured out what is/was going on.

The first half of scons check builds some stuff.  That includes setting up
whatever regress-driver needs.

I was trying to run my script before running scons check (which takes a long
time).

If you run out of other things to do, you might add a scons pre-check that
does all the build/setup stuff without running any tests.  The idea is that
you can then run scons check several times and diff the log files (or check
the lengths) to look for quirks.

I did that years ago - it's the 'build-all' target. The intent was to provide a way to verify that all the tests build successfully without actually running them, but it should work for your case as well (as long as it hasn't suffered from bit rot).

Fred Wright