gpsd-dev

Re: ✘3.23.1 ??

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘3.23.1 ??
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 11:17:46 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 00:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <fw@fwright.net> wrote:

> I just pushed a couple of warning fixes, but aside from that I notice
> that the regression tests are getting a lot of:
>
> gpsd:ERROR: SER: gpsd_serial_isatty(8) failed: Device not
> configured(6)

The old code tried to do tty stuff on all devices.  To blcok devices,
sockets, etc. and ignored all error messages.

The new code tries to classify file desciptors as tty-like and not
tty-like.  Then only do tty syscalls on tty's.

To fix it I need a -D 5 log from you running one of the regression
tests.  Then I can figure out how to identidy the pipe or socket in
use and a non-tty.

Linux does this with the major/minor device number, and maybe the
device path.

If I see the log, I can fix that error message.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588