gpsd-dev

Re: Strange gpsd version

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: Strange gpsd version
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 19:50:57 -0700

gem@rellim.com said:
> Whoops, you built from source, not from git clone.
Correct.
git pull on my main system, rsync to others skipping .git

]$ du -s
250012  .
]$ du -s .git
191492  .git
]$

>Right?  You don't even have git installed?

Look at the second half of my message.  It's even uglier if git is installed.

> Scons uses git to find the minor revision.  No git, then there are problems.

How does the traball stuff work?  Is there something simple I can run to get
the version info into a file before doing the rsync?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.