gpsd-dev

Re: Isatty Error (x: ✘3.23.1 ??)

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: Isatty Error (x: ✘3.23.1 ??)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 17:46:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2021, Gary E. Miller wrote:
On Fri, 10 Sep 2021 00:45:55 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <fw@fwright.net> wrote:

I just pushed a couple of warning fixes, but aside from that I notice
that the regression tests are getting a lot of:

gpsd:ERROR: SER: gpsd_serial_isatty(8) failed: Device not
configured(6)

The old code tried to do tty stuff on all devices.  To blcok devices,
sockets, etc. and ignored all error messages.

The new code tries to classify file desciptors as tty-like and not
tty-like.  Then only do tty syscalls on tty's.

To fix it I need a -D 5 log from you running one of the regression
tests.  Then I can figure out how to identidy the pipe or socket in
use and a non-tty.

It looks like it's being called after the device is closed. Log attached. Offending message at line 54.

Fred Wright