gpsd-dev

Re: Unexpected logging from gpsd

From: Mick Durkin
Subject: Re: Unexpected logging from gpsd
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 15:35:42 +0100

Hi Gary,

Yup, it seems ok now. Glad I wasn't going nuts...

You said:-

Installing into /etc usually requires you do it as root.  In your case
it still worked:

I was in my normal user directory as I normally work on the code as that user,
only changing to root
to run the actual install phase. This time however, I ran the whole show as
root,
but still within my normal user tree. That's why the install worked correctly.

I attach the same format of logs as last time in case they are of any use. I
also
added checks for any libgp* files. I only searched under /usr, as lib and lib64
are symlinks
to the /usr tree on this distro.

Thanks for the prompt attention (as always!).

BR

Mick Durkin