gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ntrip:// and tcp://

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘ntrip:// and tcp://
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 22:07:23 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 20:29:23 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <fw@fwright.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> >> If nc is the server, what's wrong with "nc -kl"?
> >
> > a) nc has no -k option
>
> Some do:
>
>       https://linux.die.net/man/1/nc
>       https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?nc
>       https://man.openbsd.org/nc.1
>       https://ss64.com/osx/nc.html
>
> > b) nc server accepts one connection, then dies when that
> > disconnects.
>
> Yes - normal without -k.

Here is my nc, from Gentoo Stable:

$ nc -h
[v1.10]
connect to somewhere:   nc [-options] hostname port[s] [ports] ...
listen for inbound:     nc -l -p port [-options] [hostname] [port]
        -c shell commands       as `-e'; use /bin/sh to exec [dangerous!!]
        -e filename             program to exec after connect [dangerous!!]
        -4                      Use IPv4 (default)
        -6                      Use IPv6
        -b                      allow broadcasts
        -g gateway              source-routing hop point[s], up to 8
        -G num                  source-routing pointer: 4, 8, 12, ...
        -h                      this cruft
        -i secs                 delay interval for lines sent, ports scanned
        -l                      listen mode, for inbound connects
        -n                      numeric-only IP addresses, no DNS
        -o file                 hex dump of traffic
        -p port                 local port number
        -q secs                 quit after EOF on stdin and delay of secs
        -r                      randomize local and remote ports
        -s addr                 local source address
        -t                      answer TELNET negotiation
        -u                      UDP mode
        -v                      verbose [use twice to be more verbose]
        -w secs                 timeout for connects and final net reads
        -z                      zero-I/O mode [used for scanning]
port numbers can be individual or ranges: lo-hi [inclusive]

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588