gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ntrip:// and tcp://

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: Re: ✘ntrip:// and tcp://
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 10:17:19 +0100

Hi Gary

On 15/10/2021 01:37, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo All!

I pushed ntrip:// reconenct code to git head today.  Seems to work, but
lightly tested.

There have been similar requests for tcp:// (NMEA) reconnect code, which
should be eaasier than ntrip://.
Guilty ;)
Anyone have a simple NMEA caster that gpsd can connect to with gcp:// ?
Never heard of gcp:// slight typo I assume...
I tried nc (netcat) but that exists after one connect, so not good for
testing reconnects.

gps2udp can send NMEA data, over UDP, but is not a server and can not use
TCP.

Is there something out there?  Or maybe gpsd needs a native solution?
We use kplex for testing.

http://www.stripydog.com/kplex/

 In order to simulate real world as near as possible we run kplex on one server - mine looks like this:

kplex serial:direction=in,filename=/dev/gps_data,baud=9600 tcp:direction=out,mode=server,persist=no

This provides us with tcp feed as tcp://192.168.0.1:10110

Then we can simulate different types of disconnects either by unplugging cable or using iptables to block comms out of the server running kplex

Happy coding!!

Nick