gpsd-dev

Re: ✘ntrip:// and tcp://

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: ✘ntrip:// and tcp://
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 18:51:22 -0700

Yo Nick!

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 11:46:26 +0100
Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk> wrote:

> > Interesting.  But kplex is not in the Gentoo repository, and I
> > want to read from gpsd.  socat dies it fine:
> >
> > $ socat EXEC:'gpspipe -r' TCP-LISTEN:2948,reuseaddr,fork
> Works great for me too - one of our guys found kplex but it's
> probably over complex for this simple application. Cheers for that
> guys!

I added socat examples to the gpspipe man page.  Othewrwise I'll forget.

> >> Then we can simulate different types of disconnects either by
> >> unplugging cable or using iptables to block comms out of the server
> >> running kplex
> > iptables is pretty obsolete, netfilter is the way.
> Good point - again one of our guys gave me an iptables command - more
> learning :D

iptables is now just a shim over netfilter, so whatever works for you.

TBH, I have just been using the routing table.  To block conenctions
to 192.168.10.1:

# ip route add blackhole 192.160.10.1

The to ubbloxk:

# ip route del blackhole 192.160.10.1

Of course that blocks everything to the host...

I remember that because that is how I blackhole abusive hosts attacking
my network.  It does leave dangling connects (SYN) so best not for
high traffic attacks.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588