gpsd-dev

Recent 1024 bug

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Recent 1024 bug
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 00:13:10 -0700

I just scanned
  https://gitlab.com/gpsd/gpsd/-/issues/144#note_633612324

I don't fully understand what went wrong or why, but it got me thinking about
the testing setup.

Do we need to update some of the expected results occasionally? (rather than
hack the code to reproduce the old results)

Suppose there is a 1024 time warp between when the test data was captured and
when the tests are run.  We would like gpsd to output new time (which will
probably be in the future) rather than old time.  That won't match the expected
files which have old time.  So rather than hack the code, why not update the
expected file?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.