gpsd-dev

Re: gps feed from socat

From: Nick Taylor
Subject: Re: gps feed from socat
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 10:43:50 +0100

Hi Gary

On 26/10/2021 20:33, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Nick!

On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 19:54:46 +0100
Nick Taylor <nicktaylor@dataskill.uk> wrote:

No good, I need 'gpspipe -R" to see, I need the raw data, not the
psuedo NMEA after being processed a 2nd time as speudo NMEA.
New raw dumps attached
What is this:

$GPHWBIAS,11.2*21

I can't find any info on that...
This only seems to appear on the Huawei feed which was our legacy solution - we mainly use SIM68M now

Otherwise, they look the same to me.  Same NMEA sentences in the same order.
With the same data.

Can yuo try that again, with timing info?

$ gpspipe -R -uu

I suspect the timing difference is what cgps is showing.

Today the glitching has gone away - hate when things are unexplained... Could be something to do with satellites I guess?

Can't investigate any further...

Anyhow all good and many thanks for looking

Cheers

Nick